Shadow Realm Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRDA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:29 pm

Pot of Desires.

Go down 
+2
SomethingAcacia
Shadow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Admin
Admin
Shadow

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Alright. So you would figure that it's common knowledge that Pot of Desires is a very powerful card. It's a generic +1 that can be thrown into a variety of decks. It may not be for every deck, but it is still a card you should always consider.
However, there are still people that say Pot of Desires is a bad card. Why might that be?
Well, I've seen players say that Pot of Desires is a "-9", which is absolutely wrong. The cards in your deck do not count toward total card economy, and it can banish potentially dead cards from your deck. A lot of times, the top 10 cards won't even matter in the long run because the pace of the game is currently so fast that you might as well just banish those 10 cards to have a chance of drawing into something you can use to further extend your plays or just overall solidify your position.
Secondly, I've seen players say "Oh well what if I banish all 3 copies of (X card) from my deck?" Well, my answer to that is simple; Do your searching and try to advance the gamestate as much as possible before resolving Desires. And even if you can't; the chances of banishing all 3 copies of a card from your deck with Desires are VERY low. You can do the math and see just how low they are.

The third and final argument I have seen is "Well Im not comfortable with 'losing my grind game' and banishing all of my potential resources to draw 2." Well, see my arguments above, and do keep in mind that most control based decks that DO run Desires run it for additional consistency, which they tend to need, and because it allows them to potentially draw more cards that they can use to prevent the opponent from going crazy. And Desires isn't typically for combo decks that dont run 3 of every important combo piece, or require their pieces in the deck to function. For instance, if I were to run Destiny Hero Malicious and Brilliant Fusion in a deck, I wouldnt run Desires because those cards alone net me so much advantage, and I couldnt afford to banish them. However, in a deck like D/D/D, Blue-Eyes, True Draco or Pendulum Magician I would definitely run 3 copies of Desires so I can see more cards in my hand. Hell, I even run it in my Blackwings because the deck needs draw power.

Overall, you can look at the results of various events and see decks from the top cut that run Desires. The card is everywhere, and for good reason. It's a +1 with a cost that often times doesn't even matter in the long run. In fact, it thins your deck by 12 cards which is actually amazing. I highly recommend that people give Desires a try in their decks before bashing it, because it's such an amazing card that can be run in a variety of decks to boost their consistency. Just don't run it in decks that require certain cards in their deck for their combo plays. *Cough, cough* SPYRAL *Cough, cough*

So.... What does Pot of Greed do again?
Back to top Go down
SomethingAcacia
Untested
Untested

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:18 pm

neg 9 bad card dont run
Back to top Go down
Boo
Advanced Sapphire
Boo

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:27 pm

best card in da game
Back to top Go down
Diabolos
Untested
Untested
Diabolos

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 12:52 pm

Very resourceful card; Well in my True Dracos it is; If I already have a Diagram Ofcourse Lol

#1 Rule Always; Don't run this in Exodia unless you got a handy Omega and Factory return Engine based deck Lol
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Lord Voldemort

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 7:53 pm

thats why i run necro face in said deck with desires,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Elf_Queen
Advanced Ruby
Elf_Queen

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 10:28 pm

I think that this card varies deck by deck. For some people (Me) Pot of desires feels to risky.... But in other decks it can be a great tool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pot of Desires. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Desires.   Pot of Desires. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pot of Desires.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Realm Duel Academy :: Discussions :: Card Discussions-
Jump to: